SUPPORT GROUP HAS POTENTIAL TO
Improve the ability of the patient to cope
Alleviates the feeling of aloneness
Gives a sense of hope
DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER OFTEN LEADS TO STRONG EMOTIONAL RESPONSE. IT IS MOST STRESSFUL EXPERIENCE IN A PERSON’S LIFE.
- And sense of loss
WHAT DO SUPPORT GROUP MEMBERS DO?
SHARE INFORMATION ON
- What to expect during treatment
- Side effects of treatment
- How to manage pain
- How to communicate with health care providers and family members
- Discuss nutrition and exercise
- Life after cancer
WHAT DO YOU FIND IN SUPPORT GROUP?
- Relief from fear and depression
- Hope for improved survival and quality of life
- Optimism and inspiration
- Helps maintaining positive attitude
Support group organizes meetings and invite speakers to present topics of interest, which includes doctors, nurses, psychologist, and dietitians.